gnome-key-manager-> seahorse

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Mon Apr 19 19:00:41 UTC 2010

On 19 April 2010 19:30, William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
> Just to add another dimension to this naming discussion. The name often
> has nothing to do with the command line run command and there is no easy
> way to find what command to use on the command line if or when you want
> to run an application from there instead of a menu icon.

I do this often enough, that I have a bash shell function that takes
the Display Name as the argument and finds the program run:

[sam at samlap ~ ]$ desktop_menu_exec "AisleRiot Solitaire"
/usr/bin/sol

[sam at samlap ~ ]$ tail -n4 .bash_profile
function desktop_menu_exec {
   FILES=`grep -l "$1" /usr/share/applications/*`
   grep Exec $FILES | cut -d= -f2 | xargs -n1 which
}

--
Sam