I need help to get my parallel port working.

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Apr 20 17:10:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 08:45:10AM -0500, Mikkel wrote:
> On 04/17/2010 07:30 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I can not get my parallel port to connect to my printer.  The printer
> > was working with F8.  Then I upgraded to F10.  The printer has not
> > worked since.

Have you looked in the computer's BIOS settings screen(s) to ensure that
the parallel port is not disabled?

Also even if it is enabled, there are usually several settings for some
details of how the port works, some of which may work better than others
(i.e., some may work, some may not, depending on your printer and OS.)
Afraid I can't offer any guidance on which settings would be best.

Fred