EPEL clamav packages

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 01:46:33 UTC 2010

Hello,

I couldn't find a EPEL users list, so I'm posting here.

The clamav packages in EPEL are quite broken, and don't work out of
the box. I think this has been the case for many months.

Is there a current maintainer for clamav in EPEL? If not, what is
required to take this role over. I have the necessary skills, and I
have a working clamav install based on the broken EPEL packages. I
would like to contribute this work so next time I install a server
with clamav, it just works.

On the off chance I'm "doing this wrong", is there a better source for
clamav packages for RHEL/CentOS?

Regards,

Dan

(Long time list subscriber and RH/Fedora user)