Lexmark printer

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 04:46:05 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 09:33 AM, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Tue April 20 2010, Steve Blackwell wrote:
>> My wife just got a new Lexmark X2670 all-in-one printer with her new
>> laptop that we want to share.
>>
>> I can't find any drivers for it for F11. Does anyone else have this
>> printer and if so have you found a way to make it work?
>>
> Unless things have changed in the last few years, there's no "brains" in a
> Lexmark printer. They used to be "Win Printers" where the "driver" software
> did everything. Whether or not that's still the case, I can't tell you.

You would be happy to know on GNU/linux, they are the printer
manufacturer of choice now. :)

"... There is one printer manufacturer though that as of last year has
begun supporting Linux from top to bottom with their entire line-up of
printers. Not only are they providing CUPS drivers, but also they are
even printing Tux in the corner of every box they ship right besides
the Windows and Apple logos. Do you know who we are talking about?
Probably not, but it's Lexmark. After months of wrangling within the
company, Lexmark has stepped up to become a Linux and open-source
friendly company."

<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=lexmark_linux&num=1>

--
Suvayu