32bit vs 64bit in the filesystem structures

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 23:51:26 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I'm trying to find out if there are any dependencies within the specific filesystem structures that are specific to 32bit and 64bit.

As far as I know you can mount a filesystem created on an x86_64 system on a x86 machine without any problems but this could just be that I have not been bitten yet and I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Is there a good place to go to find the answer to this question?

Regards and thanks for your time,

George...

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers