Fedora 12 Update Breaks X / KDE

Chris Ross fdra6390 at tebibyte.org
Fri Apr 23 16:16:31 UTC 2010

 >> rpm -V qt
 >> prelink: /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4.6.2: prelinked file was modified
 >> S.?......    /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4.6.2
 >
 > Did you run that as "root"?

Yes, of course.

 > You could try to  yum reinstall  the packages to fix them in case a
 > package's checksum has changed.

Have already done so, specifically I did:

	yum reinstall qt

followed by

	yum reinstall kdelibs

Now "rpm -V qt" is silent,

but kate still crashes every time with

kate: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/kde4/katepart.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN9QGroupBoxC1EP7QWidget

 > Or you could   yum update qt\*   to the newer test update for Qt
 > as that would replace your possibly corrupted packages:
 > http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/qt-4.6.2-14.fc12

No thank you, I don't want to run testing given that even stable isn't
working properly!

Regards,
Chris R.