Wireless camera under Fedora

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 18:47:42 UTC 2010

Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> writes:
>     Yes, they are 12 volt devices and run from a wall wart. I considered
>     taking one apart and perhaps adding a heat sink and fan if possible
>     but have not looked inside one yet. That would probably require
>     mutilating the case to some degree. But so far, since opening two
>     windows for cross ventilation things have been working. However we
>     have not yet reached the hottest part of our summer here although we
>     have had some near 90°F days.

I think the other problem you will have is that the lifetime of some
components (like electolytic capacitors) is a very strong function of
temperature.  You will probably find that the ones that are in the
hottest areas don't last all that long.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3