Adobe Flash Player

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Apr 25 22:51:14 UTC 2010

On 04/26/2010 05:52 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 17:22 +1000, Roger wrote:
>
>> On 04/25/2010 11:14 AM, Henry Wyatt wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a flash player plugin for firefox x86_64 running on fc12
>>>

>> Yes but I cant get it to work
>> Roger
>>
> Have you exited and restarted firefox? If not, do so and then check
> about:plugins for Shockwave Flash.
>
> --Doc

Yes I have thanks,  about:plugins does not report shockwave no matter
whether it is installed as a tar.gzip , from yum, or as an rpm.
I have tried all the alternatives and tried yum remove, deleting the .so
by hand, played around for hours.
Then did a clean install of Fedora 12, and yum installed swf but nothing
so installed F13 clean install and still nothing.
I did a clean install of F11 and shockwafe installed perfectly, I'm
thinking it may be a problem with nouveau which is the only difference
between F11 (nvidia), F12 and F13 (nouveau) on my machine.

Very strange as it installed immediately in Fedora 11 and has worked
perfectly.

I even went as far as to copy the libflash.so file to
/home/user/.firefox/plugins - still nothing.

One of the problems with google is that much of the Fedora and Ubuntu
information dates back past F8 and having no time and dates is difficult
to differentiate between latest update info and pre 2005 info.

Roger