Make aspell work right??

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 16:50:13 UTC 2010

On Monday 26 April 2010 09:25 AM, Beartooth wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:16:08 -0700, suvayu ali wrote:
>

>> Aren't you allowed to use rpm query? If so try, $ rpm -qa aspell*
>
> rpm -qa aspell*
> aspell-0.60.6-7.fc12.i686
> aspell-en-6.0-11.fc12.i686
>
> 	So the second one must be a dictionary? Is there a better?

Since you already have the dictionary installed, I would guess its a
setup problem somewhere. I use aspell from emacs (flyspell-mode) and it
works fine. In my home I have these 2 files,

$ ls .aspell*
.aspell.en.prepl  .aspell.en.pws

The .pws file is my personal dictionary whereas the .prepl file looks
like this,

$ cat .aspell.en.prepl
personal_repl-1.1 en 0

$ head -1 .aspell.en.pws
personal_ws-1.1 en 62

You could try that, maybe thats what you are missing.

--
Suvayu