Make aspell work right??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Apr 26 20:00:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:50:13 -0700, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> On Monday 26 April 2010 09:25 AM, Beartooth wrote:

>> rpm -qa aspell*
>> aspell-0.60.6-7.fc12.i686
>> aspell-en-6.0-11.fc12.i686
>>
>> 	So the second one must be a dictionary? Is there a better?
>
> Since you already have the dictionary installed, I would guess its a
> setup problem somewhere. I use aspell from emacs (flyspell-mode) and it
> works fine. In my home I have these 2 files,
>
> $ ls .aspell*
> .aspell.en.prepl  .aspell.en.pws

	In /home/btth, that command finds "no such file." So I told the
search function to search the whole filesystem; it found nothing, either.

	After a lot of fiddling, I told it to search the whole
filesystem, including hidden and backup, for anything with a name
containing "spell"; it found hundreds and hundreds -- but the only two
executables, for aspell and hunspell, are both in /usr/bin. There are
also four shell scripts there, and one in /etc/mc

	All this is Geek to me.