NetworkManager, is it important?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Apr 26 23:27:25 UTC 2010

On 04/27/2010 06:53 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:42:40 -0700
> Suvayu Ali wrote:
>

>> Is that what you mean?
>>
> Yep. I had no network operating when I installed f13
> beta till I disabled NM and enabled network again. Just
> errors with any attempt to access the network. I didn't
> pay much attention to why, I just assumed it was still
> busted. Everything works fine with network.

Well, I just installed an F13 system as a VM.  Using NM with static
address and no problems at all.

FWIW, I only had a "problem" when I once forgot and assigned a static
address that was in the range to be doled out by my DHCP server.  Not a
good idea to have 2 systems with the same IP on a LAN.  :-)

Anyway, if you have time you may want to go back and find out what the
issue was.  Or, you may end up bad mouthing NM for no reason...or at
least the wrong reason.  Kind of like what happens with some folks and
selinux.  :-) :-)

--
Fun Facts, #14: In table tennis, whoever gets 21 points first wins.
That's how it once was in baseball -- whoever got 21 runs first won.