Best Laptop Experience with Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 27 08:42:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 10:20 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
> I have seen amd cpu cooked not because the cpu is overheated but
> because the video card in the laptops are heating up the cpu beyond
> it's tolerances and thus el cookedoe goes the cpu.

Ones with shared heatpipes and heatsinks?

My laptop has two heatpipes for each, but they run pressing directly
against each other, and lead to a shared heatsink.  One with very thin
fins.

> What ever laptop you get make sure airflow comes from the back not
> bottom. If it is bottom then invest into a Laptop fan plate to place
> the laptop on.

Or bigger feet...

But whatever you do to improve ventilation, mechanically, you need to
periodically clean out the dust that gets sucked in.  How often you do
that will depend on the environment.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686