Java no longer works in Konqueror

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:50:06 UTC 2010

[Apologies to those who already saw this on the Fedora-KDE list. I
posted there 24 hours ago and got not a single reply, so I hope this
doesn't count as cross-posting]

I don't use Java much (basically just for the New York Times Acrostic
puzzle every two week) but it seems to have stopped working in
Konqueror. It definitely did work 2 weeks ago, and I'm not aware of
changing anything in either Java or the configuration of Konq. In fact
the config looks fine, the Java binary exists, Java is enabled on all
pages, I cleaned the Konq cache and reloaded, and nothing works. Not
even the Java test page at http://java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

kdebase-4.4.2-1.fc12.x86_64, F12 fully updated
"Path to Java executable": java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-37.b17.fc12.x86_64

Opening the same page in Firefox works. FF uses the same Java rpm, but
with the
plugin /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/lib/amd64/IcedTeaPlugin.so

poc