Nvidia

Michael Miles mmamiga6 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 22:16:47 UTC 2010

On 04/27/2010 12:49 PM, Fil-ShinyMetal wrote:
> I agree with Matthew, look at
> http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia#head-205aab6f190d363e3915c0fa2e0681fc392aaeb6.
> If you can't live without it :
> 1) Boot without X, and login as root
> 2) sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.15-pkg2.run
> It will compile a kernel module against your current kernel, and when
> you will upgrade the kernel you have to do it again.
> Some minutes needed.
> After that, follow what explained in the link above.
> cheers
> Filippo
> Skype shinymetal-skype

As suggested above do not install the run package but make sure
rpmfusion is in your repo
then install it from either yum or add/remove software

If you install the above run file YOU WILL HAVE TO RECOMPILE KMOD on
every kernel update.
If you do it from repo then  it is automatic

The how to details how to install correctly

You must blacklist nouveau in grub config before you reboot after the
driver install

On each kernel line after quiet rdblacklist=nouveau