OOo 3.2 for F12?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 12:35:52 UTC 2010

On Friday 30 April 2010 04:54 AM, Kirk Lowery wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Suvayu Ali<fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thursday 29 April 2010 12:03 PM, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
>>> I would spend a few minutes downloading the F13 rpms and attempting
>>> some "rpm --test -Uhv" commands.
>>>

>> Or just create a repo file for F13 and do,
>>
>> # yum --enablerepo Fedora-13 update openoffice.org\*
>>
>> That way yum handles the deps and the yumdb is consistent. :)
>
> Hmmm. If there aren't a lot of extra dependencies needed that also
> interferes with F12 libraries, etc., then this seems to be the
> simplest solution.
>
> I've done some googling around and it's not obvious: where can I get a
> F13 repo file? Or find out how to create one specifically for F13?

You can look at the your current "fedora" or "updates" repo file and use
them as your template. In the new file you create, replace "$releasever"
with the appropriate string for Fedora 13. You can find this by browsing
the directory structure of any of the fedora repos. You would need to
create 2 repo files, one for the F13 beta release[1], another for F13
updates[2]. The directory for release will be simpler to figure out if
you can wait until the release of F13.

Another (simpler) way to do this would be to download the F13 release
rpm, and do

$ rpm2cpio /path/to/F13-release.rpm |cpio -ivV

The repo files should be in there. :)

> Thanks!
>
> Kirk

GL