Help w. R & texlive install

Mail Llists lists at sapience.com
Fri Apr 30 19:34:31 UTC 2010

On 04/27/2010 09:03 AM, Mail Llists wrote:

>   I'm running F12. I use texlive - however, the fedora version is too
> old (2007) and since  I coordinate with others in writing papers - all
> of who use texlive 2009 - I have compatibility problems. (e.g. no
> biblatex, problems with natbib style files etc)
>
>   So I installed the upstream 2009 texlive - which works perfectly and
> exactly the same as everyone else!
>
>   Problem is I also need to install R - it has texlive as a dependency
> and doesn't see the already installed texlive - what is the right way to
> install R - but without it dragging in any fedora based texlive ?
>
>   The only way I could think of was to hand install using rpm all the
> packages for R and its dependencies with --force but skipping the
> texlive ones - is there a better way ?
>
>    thanks
>
>     gene

   Update:

   I decided to just compile and install upstream - which only took a
couple of minutes and was very straightforward.

   Now - I need to find a clean way - presumably write a short R script

     a) update R itself and all addons

     b) install a list of addons which are read from a file.

  Anyone done this already ?

  Thanks ...

gene