Menu Editor

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Aug 2 10:39:42 UTC 2010

I've added an entry with Menu Editor (right click on f-button in panel)
to enable ssh -Y <remote host>.
I've set "Run in terminal" on the Advanced tab.

This works, except that I get a white-on-black screen
with nothing at the top of the screen to change this.

On another laptop, with exactly the Menu Editor setting
I get a nice page with the usual File-Edit-View tabs at the top.

I'm wondering what actually sets the look of the screen?
Is it a default konsole setting, or is it something to do with ssh?
Or perhaps a shell setting?

I see that there is Menu Editor setting with "Run in terminal"
to set Terminal options, but nothing I have tried there
has has any effect.

I should say that I am running Fedora-13/KDE on this laptop.
Any and all advice gratefully received.