Menu Editor

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Aug 3 12:50:30 UTC 2010

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> The colors can be changed see what does the following do:
>
> xterm -display :0 -bg black -fg white \
>
> and you can invert it the other way and find one setting that you are
> happy with :)

Thanks for your response.

But if I give this command in the black window (on the remote machine)
I get
[tim at althea ~]$ xterm -display :0 -bg black -fg white
Xlib: No protocol specified

xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :0
xterm:  DISPLAY is not set

Adding "-display :0 -bg black -fg white" to Terminal options
does not seem to have any effect, nor does "-bg black -fg white".