Red Hat employees listed in manpage have blocked addresses? Unreal.

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Wed Aug 4 15:42:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:35:59AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings list;
>
> 2 redhat employees are list as the authors of logrotate in the manpage, so
> I just sent them a question because it isn't working as expected.

On my logrotate man page, the date at the bottom is 2 Nov 2002 --
not terribly surprising that those email addresses are no good anymore!

> Both emails bounced in the time it takes my fetchmail script to go suck the
> next cycle. Effectively instantly and permanently.
>
> So how does one go about asking for logrotate help for a non-redhat
> distribution?

Open a bug at that distros bugzilla instance (or equivalent)?

> I am not running fedora atm.

Shame on you! :-)

John
--
John W. Linville		The truth will set you free, but first it will
linville at redhat.com			make you miserable. -- James A. Garfield