Linksys WUSB600N ver. 2

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 00:51:30 UTC 2010

  On 08/07/2010 03:56 PM, binarynut at comcast.net wrote:
>    fedora 13
>
> A Linksys  wireless WUSB600 ver. 2
>
> Does anyone know about a Driver for this device , in all wireless sites
> they say a ver.1 is supported but not ver. 2 ?
The  Linksys WUSB600N  driver is available in the unsupported
section of the vanilla kernel.
The chipset in the WUSB600N is the RalinkTech 2860, so the driver
is the rt2860.

To try it (and I doubt very much it will work), you need to get the
source rpm
of your kernel version, and configure it manually (make xconfig) and
select the rt2860 from the "staging" drivers.

I myself have the rt2860 mini-pci wireless card. But I am using a version
of the driver from a much earlier kernel (not from the ralink web site),
and it works just fine.

If you want it, I can email you the zipped tarball.

JD