Sendmail question

Terry Polzin foxec208 at wowway.com
Mon Aug 9 20:02:17 UTC 2010

Is there a way to configure sendmail NOT to send messages with empty
bodies?

I have cron jobs that I want stderr and stdout to be mailed to users IF
there is any stderr or stdout from the script.  But if there are no
messages, I (root) receive a "null body" error message and the users
receive a blank message.  The norm is NOT to have any messages or
errors. My goal is to capture the abnormal conditions and mail those
messages to the proper parties and not rely on root to forward them.