Creating an Audio only DVD from several CD's

linux at gabriel-striewe.de linux at gabriel-striewe.de
Wed Aug 11 00:48:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 05:15:04PM -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
> linux at gabriel-striewe.de wrote:
> > Maybe a solution to this would be to put the wav files on a Video-DVD
> > >  and leave the video directory empty. This would however only give you
> > >  a sample rate of 48000 Hz instead of up to 192000 Hz as specified for
> > >  a DVD-A. But then at least you could play the DVD on most any
> > >  DVD-player. I am going to try that tomorrow.
> >
> This is about the only way I could get this to work.
>
> It's a shame but the big problem is the Media companies. Mp3, aac, ogg,
> any of the lossy formats are ok with them but lossless, mo way they make
> it hard. No real support for probably one of the better music
> formats.... DVD-A.
>
> The work around is DVD-Video with out the video. Use in a 4 hour long
> play and it gets a few cd there (5-6)
>
> Kdenlive works

I will try out using command line dvd-author...

I, as a professional musician myself, was wondering how I would
publish recording material in an open source friendly way. Today I
have learned that DVD-A is not a solution after all. I probably need
to give out harddisks with recording material or Data DVDs with audio
material recorded at higher sample rates than 48k.

;)

Gabriel