Creating an Audio only DVD from several CD's

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 11 11:05:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 10:22 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> You probably want FLAC (and memory sticks are easier than discs!).
> FLAC will happily carry multi-channel audio in lossless format, and
> can handle things like multi-channel audio, 96KHz (it'll do 500KHz if
> you are recording music for bats ;) )

Though, more expensive than discs, but can have a bigger capacity.

If you were distributing files, you'd have to find out what media and
file formats your recipients could handle, and want.  Flac ought to be
acceptable, but I'd still check.  Even WAV can be a problem, depending
on the bitrate that you use.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686