64 bit kernel, 32 bit userland

nux at li.nux.ro nux at li.nux.ro
Wed Aug 11 15:44:30 UTC 2010

Frank Murphy writes:

> On 11/08/10 16:33, nux at li.nux.ro wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm reading here[1] that even when installing the 32 bit version of Fedora
>> we can get a 64 bit kernel (which is awesome). Can someone confirm if this
>> has actually been implemented in F13?
>>

> No, never happened.

Aw :<

Does anyone have a solution for running a 32 bit fedora userland on top of a
64 bit kernel?
I'm quite interested in this setup to be honest and I saw it
somewhere that's relatively trivial to have it running on Debian, only I
don't want to run that.

The first problem I see is how to fool yum into retrieving 32 bit version of
the packages and ignore $ARCH. Ideas?