Ugly Text

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:01:58 UTC 2010

  On 08/11/2010 01:46 PM, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> Text to be printed by Firefox has disastrously bad text layout, and has
> had bad layout for years.  An example is attached.  The only way to get
> text well laid out is to copy it into a word processor (I use Open
> Office) and to print it out from there.
>
> Who else has noticed this?  Is there a known cure, say by downloading
> fonts, or font layout tables?
>
> Thanks - jon

I have been putting up with FF's bad and horrible rendering engine for
as long as it has existed.
No one is taking note.

Perhaps (I conjecture here) that the web page being
viewed was created using Microsoft web tools
which use features or attributes in the resulting web
content, that FF simply does not know what to do with
or implements them incorrectly.

Perhaps MS is highjacking the web page standards in
the same way they had tried to highjack java.