OTish :D Colors of Cases for Fedora was: Re: Open Letter

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 12 02:43:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 09:34 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> I usually use black case(s),
> If I got a Green one,
> Would if be cooler or warmer.
>
> Would more fans be needed?

Are your cases under bright lighting, or in the sunlight?  If not, I'd
suspect that casing colour wouldn't be significant.  Colour's more of an
issue about absorbing heat, than radiating it.

You're more likely to come across heating differences thanks to the
physical design of case (air vent size & placing, and through-flow).

Are you in a hot environment?  If you are, and air conditioning is
minimal or non-existent, then the height that you place things affects
temperature, too.  Not to mention whether your computer is hemmed in by
other things.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686