Kernel-devel

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Thu Aug 12 18:39:29 UTC 2010

On 08/12/2010 02:04 PM, Albert Bonomo wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install an Asterisk server o a Fedora 11 server, 64 bit.
> The process required from me to install the kernel-devel package.
> I run 'yum install kernel-devel' and it tells me there is no
> kernel-devel packages.
>
> [root at ns310181 include]# uname -r
> 2.6.33.5-xxxx-grs-ipv4-64
>
> [root at ns310181 include]# yum install kernel-devel
> Setting up Install Process
> No package kernel-devel available.
> Nothing to do
>
> [root at ns310181 include]# rpm -q kernel
> package kernel is not installed

This is the command I'd be worried about.  You almost *have* to have a
kernel installed.  What does:

rpm -qa kernel\*

tell you?  Do you have a PAE kernel installed?  or some other?

the following should also work:

rpm -qa | grep 2.6.33.5

and tell you what kernel dependent packages you have installed.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net