Installing DD-WRT -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Aug 13 18:24:25 UTC 2010

    Does anyone here have experience installing DD-WRT?

    More specifically on a Netgear WNDR 3300 router. I've pretty much
    given up hope of getting any use out of that router but I would like
    to try the alternate software but I am having trouble finding a
    clear and concise explanation of what needs to be done. There are a
    lot of cautions warning me of the possibility of doing difficult to
    repair damage but no step by step stuff.

    It cautions to do a "hard reset," a process that takes 90 seconds
    but does it need to be done before the initial installation or only
    when updating to new versions? Things like that tend to destroy
    confidence ...

    This is all related to my F-13 system and it's operation so I don't
    think it's completely off topic and I have not had success finding
    information elsewhere.

    Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

    Bob