Yum update , Went Bad

binarynut at comcast.net binarynut at comcast.net
Sat Aug 14 00:53:52 UTC 2010

  FC12, X86_64

Doing a "yum update" I get this Error message.

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

    No module named cElementTree

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.6.2 (r262:71600, Jun  4 2010, 18:28:58)
[GCC 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
   http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq

And I did a locate cElementTree , and;

/usr/lib64/python2.6/xml/etree/cElementTree.py
/usr/lib64/python2.6/xml/etree/cElementTree.pyc
/usr/lib64/python2.6/xml/etree/cElementTree.pyo

I'm working from a Single User Mode, And the Computer is crashed and I
want to Upgrade to to FC13 but yum is causing problems.

I do have the network up in Single user mode.