Real Hardware and libvirt/kvm/qemu

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:10:01 UTC 2010

 Hello everyone,

I am working on a project for my family. At the moment the only hardware
that we can get is the harddrives.

Question: Is it possible to give control of these over to the
virtualized systems in such a way that they can later be used as a real
hard drive in a real setup, just plug and play? (At least some of these
will be doing this, others will just be moved to less crowded vm hosts.)
If so, how? How do I keep the host OS from detecting and using them.
(All machines, vm and actual, are/will be Fedora.)

Thank you,
Trever Adams
--
"We can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being
better. Simply reflect on that." -- His Holiness The Dalai Lama