FC13 network install using local repos

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Aug 17 23:12:02 UTC 2010

I'm trying to do an install from a network export of the install DVD and
a repo created from /var/cache/yum which has every upgrade and install
RPM I've ever pulled off the network. I tried putting the copy of
/var/cache/yum in a subdirectory and running 'createrepo' (worked AFAIK)
but I can't seem to export the correct thing to get the repo used. I
thought the relative path was in the repodata subdir, but that doesn't
seem to be getting used.

Can someone point me to a doc?

I just turn on the keepcache flag and then have all the RPMs I've ever
actually used (as opposed to trying to keep a full and current set), and
if something is obsolete I will just replace it the first time I
download it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  "We can't solve today's problems by using the same thinking we