Installing DD-WRT -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Aug 18 12:46:51 UTC 2010

  On 16/08/10 16:05, g wrote:

> i look forward to hearing more of what you find.
>
> now i will have someone to fall back on when i change my
> linksys wrt54g. (gbwg)
>

> later

        I think I have the Netgear WNDR3300 set up as a router but
        I'm stumped when it comes to telling the dhcp server what addresses
        to assign to the various mac numbers.

        I found a place under "Services" where I can start listing the
        assignments I want but it wont let me save or apply them.

        I get an error message that "The page at http://192.168.1.1 says:
        is already defined as a static lease." I can click on "OK" but then
        everything I've entered is removed.

        I told it elsewhere that I want to use 192.168.1.20 to ,230
        for dhcp addresses. The help file is not much help. I guess what I
        need is some configuration examples. I found one but it's obviously
        from a different version of dd-wrt and there is no correlation that
        I can see.

        The version I have shows - "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/28/09)
std"
        There are a lot of options but I can see there is a learning curve.
        I need to control the dhcp assigned addresses or I will have a mess.

        Any suggestions, where to look, whatever, will be much appreciated.

        Bob