Pulseaudio error on HP Probook 4515s

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 18:08:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

This is an smaller problem around pulseaudio. I couldn't explain why is so,
but I think this is an PA bug. Currently the playback works every way but,
recording not. When I try to use Empathy jabber voice call option to my
partner, then rings out with voice, but after pick up - for an shiny brief
moment - the mic works, after that no more - and pops out an error that
"couldn't link source" (maybe the thread makes itsef suicide, perhaps?).
After that I have made an second try - I have attached an USB soundcard -
what is widely usable on many linux (it uses Cystal Sound chipset). The
result was disappointing - here the mic worked as should, but I heard no
voice in my headphone, nor even at my speakers.
Anybody could confirm this is an bug? Is there a known solution?

PS: If needed, I'm ready to debug.

Thanks,

Zoltan

--