Slow network with F13

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:08:40 UTC 2010

john wendel <jwendel10 at comcast.net> writes:
> I've got a couple of boxes connected with wire and a gigabit ethernet
> switch. With F11 on the sending and receiving sides, I see a transfer
> speed of ~ 40 MB/s transfering large files.  With F13 on the sending box
> (same box, just new software), I get a transfer speed of ~ 23 MB/s with
> the same files. The disk read speed on the F13 box looks to be ~ 75
> MB/s, so it doesn't seem to be the bottleneck.

I'd try to test the network and disk aspects separately.  You might want
to give "ttcp" a try between the two boxes and test just the network
speed.  For all we know, you might be seeing a slower data path to the
disks.  The "ttcp" test program is in the f13 yum repository.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht      http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/      (IPv6-only)