F13: services marked as disabled, are shown to be running.

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 21:06:10 UTC 2010

  After bootup, (Run Level 5), I ran
System->Administration->Services

I checked each service that was marked red (disabled).
For a few of these disabled services,  status was shown to be running.
These services were:

akmods
capi
hsqldb
isdn
jetty
lm_sensors
racoon
sandbox
vmware
zvbid

So, how would I prevent them from being started when
they are already marked as disabled.

Also, several services which are enabled, the status was shown
to be stopped. So, I had to start them.
One of them was hal daemon. Others that I recall were:
smbd, nmbd, ntpd, ...etc.
I regret not saving their names on file to mention all of them.

Can anyone else confirm this when running Sysytem->Administration->Services?