Installing DD-WRT -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Aug 21 09:39:57 UTC 2010

  On 20/08/10 22:36, Darr wrote:
> On Friday, 20 August, 2010 @21:21 zulu, Bob Goodwin scribed:
>
>>     With my equipment layout that would require installing another
>>     computer downstairs at the "modem" and wireless router location.
> Hmmm...  I guess I don't understand why you say that. The
> DHCP server can be located anywhere, physically.

    My ignorance/stupidity is showing!

    Now that I think about it that sounds reasonable. I guess it's
    another server like the nfs file server. In fact I could probably
    put it in that box which is always on but gets little attention.
    Usually the monitor is switched off and only the cats work the
    keyboard ... It runs Scientific Linux 5.3. I will look into doing that.

    I am still going to change a few things to fixed addresses, today's
    project.

    Bob