evince problem (doesn't remember defaults)

Danny Yee bookreviewer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 09:06:19 UTC 2010

Upgrading from F12 to F13 was really smooth, but there a couple of
very annoying regressions.

Every time I open a PDF using evince (document viewer), I get a small
window in the top left of my screen, which I have to resize to be
usable.  It's also set to "best width" instead of "best fit", so I
have to change that as well.  My new settings aren't remembered for
the next invocation of evince.  A zero length file is being created in
~/.gnome2/evince/last_settings.

Any advice on how to fix this?  I'm not running GNOME or KDE - I'm
using a lightweight stand-alone window-manager (9wm).

Danny.