Fedora Notifications System.

Mahmoud Abdul Jawad abduljawad.mahmoud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 17:59:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:47 AM, DJ Delorie <dj at delorie.com> wrote:

> What a horrible idea.  Please PLEASE don't make it the default, and
> certainly make sure I can yum remove it (because I *will* remove it).
>
> I get enough spam already, I don't need yet another well-known way
> for spammers to hack into my system and put ads in front of my face.
> I also don't need yet another Surprise! distraction popping up on my
> desktop.
>
> Besides, we already have a way to do this - it's called e-mail.
> Or twitter.  Or usenet.  Or facebook.  Or the web.  Or IRC.  Let people
> choose whether to get notices or not, and how, don't force it down their
> throats the way some big companies do.
> --

i guess you didn't read the wiki page, that's why you are saying this.
the problem is a large number of the newbies don't follow any of the list
items you mentioned.
however, the idea worth a small application that is well configed & easily
manageable, & of course removable.

--
Regards,,
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad