F13: New kernel release: 2.6.33.8-149.fc13.i686: "Blue screen of death"?

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Aug 24 21:20:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Daniel B. Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

>  On 08/24/2010 12:17 PM, JD wrote:
> >   On 08/24/2010 11:34 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> >> Previous kernel version was at least very stable, but
> >> today, when I ran the new kernel release, going 45
> >> minutes into doing things, all of a sudden, my screen
> >> changed to a light-blue screen with the Fedora infinity
> >> logo in the middle and stop working completely.  No
> >> activity whatsoever.  Could not access it locally nor
> >> remotely, so I was forced to do a hard reboot.
> >>
> >> I hope this was just a fluke...
> > In the past, has your keyboard flaked out?
> > I had a flaky keyboard that would on occasion
> > send random sequences and cause a logout or
> > screen change, ..etc.
> No, I have not had any keyboard problems, as
> far as I can tell...
>
> But what I was doing at the time was typing text
> on a forum via Firefox...  so it is interesting that
> you brought this up!  I was still typing away when
> all of a sudden, the BSOD popped up....  weird.  Is
> it Halloween yet?
>
> Can't say that it's the keyboard fault or the person
> beating on the keyboard mercilessly. :)
>
> I just don't know.  I think I will just wait and see if
> this keyboard "coincidence" comes up again....

My keyboard was seizing up as well today.  Actually, as I flipped between
terminal sessions (with "focus-follows-mouse"), the cursor would NOT
activate and clicking on a Gnome menu would not drop the menu down.
Restarting the gnome-session fixed it.  So, it may be the kernel or it may
be one of the other updates that came flying down the pipe this morning.

--
Rick Stevens, Nerd Manifique