HP 6930p: mute button doesn't work properly

Hoang Le new.lehoang at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 16:58:46 UTC 2010

Hi friends,

I need help on my problem with HP 6930p multimedia keys

- When built-in speakers are used, the button works correctly
- When using external speakers/earphone, sound is always on ( even when mute
button is on ). If I unplug, sound is back to the mute button's current state
- In any case, system tray icon doesn't change ( even If internal speakers are
used, mute button works, the sound state doesn't change to "mute" when sound is
off )

I also notice that the microphone volume is very low compared to output sound.
So when I use a recording program ( particularly Audacity ), the playback sound
is unexpectedly low. I don't know if these problems are related, just in case
they are ...

Thank you,
Hoang Le