2.6.33.8-149.fc13.i686.PAE sleeps NOT

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:55:46 UTC 2010

  On 08/26/2010 09:34 AM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> On 08/26/2010 09:02:31 AM, JD wrote:
>>    On 08/26/2010 08:37 AM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
>>> The newly-released kernel, 2.6.33.8-149.fc13.i686.PAE, wakes up a
>> few
>>> seconds after being asked to sleep.  2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.i686.PAE
>>> does not have this problem. Has anyone experienced this? And
>> perhaps
>>> discovered a solution? (Bugzilla report against fc12 kernel for the
>>> same problem was ignored)
>>>
>> Can you give us more details about how you are
>> putting the kernel to sleep?
>> Via   System=>Preferences=>Screensaver ???
> Via the system Shut Down popup, which I assume is the gold standard.
> Closing the screen panel on the laptop has the same effect.
>
> The fact that the problem comes and goes over kernel releases -- I test
> each new release as it happens -- suggests to me that its an accident
> of the build.

I just hibernated ny system using kernel
kernel-2.6.33.8-149.fc13.i686
and it went into hibernation just fine, and
shut the power down.
On manual powerup, I did not even get the
grub boot menu. It restored the session.

So, for me, I confirm another op's posting here
that hibernating fedora wil not allow you to boot into
and alternate OS, such as windows. Grub automagically
restores fedora from hibernation.

This is a major bug!

If there are kernel devs lurking on this list, I
hope the issue will get addressed.