How to debug resume (suspend) problems?

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Fri Aug 27 19:54:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using F13 x86_64 on a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and with the last
kernels in F13, I have the problem that my laptop does not properly
resume from sleep. Most of the time, I just see the "blue screen" with
the fedora logo but nothing happens afterwards...

This happens not always but most of the time (~ 80%). No lines in the
system, the system is just "dead". Kernel is not tainted...

How can I debug that? I think before opening a bz report, I first need
to gather some data but how?
fs