Scrub free disk blocks

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 22:12:25 UTC 2010

> On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 10:46 -0700, JD wrote:
>> You need to study filesystem architecture to gain better
>> understanding.
> If you can't explain what you mean, just say so.
>
> poc

I can explain it alright - and I tried to tell you that a program
can access all blocks of a file, direct and indirect, given that
tha program has the access permissions for that file, but you ignored
it. Direct and Indirect blocks are only meaningful to the inode layer.
The file's offset will be computed and a block number arrived at. If
that block number is outside the range of the direct blocks, then the
indirect blocks are accessed. Enough said.
Explaining FS architecture is beyond the scope of this list, and
certainly beyond this thread.