Fedora 13-unable to boot from another SATA-1 ERR=22 displayed

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 02:47:29 UTC 2010

  On 08/29/2010 07:12 PM, Sriranga(77yrsold) wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Sriranga(77yrsold)
> <withblessings at gmail.com <mailto:withblessings at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>      On Dell optiplex-330 i have installed winXP sp3 on sata-0 and on
>     sata-1 I had installed Fedora 13 - Even though grub installed -
>     unable to boot Fedora 13.
>     i have installed Ubuntu 10-04 easily installed within windows
>     itself using wubi.exe. Till today I am able to boot winXP as well
>     as ubuntu but unable to boot Fedora13  In bios if I set sata-1 as
>     first drive Fedora-13 will boot otherwise no. since mosf of my
>     work on winxP I am not position to use Fedora13 even though
>     installed. Everytime when started computer grub display Err 22 -
>     press any key... then to windows/ubuntu for selection.
>
>     Now I repenting for having  installed Fedora13. Now I am afraid to
>     install next versions of Fedora14 and decided to not experiment
>     because I have re-installed Fedora13 atleast 5 or 6 times
>     resulting hard disk may damage. DELL technical people are not
>     co-operative to solve the problem of bios and  help to set right
>     the bios  so that user can choose any of harddisk using boot
>     sequence - instead of meddling with the hardware setup.

OK, please give us some info about which disk did you
install the grub booter on?

If you installed it on sata-1 and NOT on sata-0, then
the only way for you to boot Fedora is if you have
a bios boot disk selection menu.
At power-up, there has to be a Function key to press
that will tell bios to pop up a boot menu.

Does you bios have such a menu?