err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 30 19:37:42 UTC 2010

"Joshua C." <joshuacov at googlemail.com> wrote:

>Actually I need to run a simple batch file. That's why I used a
>kde-livecd-f14-x86_64 and installed wine-core.i686 wine-wow.i686,
>wine-common and wine-fonts. All dpendencies were pull automatically.
>Wine works fine but when trying to start "wineconsole cmd" I got the
>error message.

Interesting.  I don't get that error on my Mac.  However, I did run winetricks allfonts on it.  I think you stated you had done this as well?

>Therefore I decided to use an older version of wine and tried the
>f13.x86_64 livecd and installed exactly the same 4 packages. You can
>find the current versions in the repo.

Since I don't have a 64 bit system, but can do exactly what you just did, I'll give it a try, soon.  I have to get the FC13 'stuff' and see what happens.

>I remember that I did the same thing about 2-3 months ago and then I
>didn't get this error. That's why I posted here to see if someelse has
>had this problem.

Was this on FC13 or FC12/13 (if you can remember.)

>Actually winconsole cmd doesn't work for me and wine does. That's
>strange.To test it just grab the lasted livecd and install the
>aforementioned packages. Trying different fonts didn't help either.

Interesting because on my Mac, I had to do the opposite.  Maybe things are different on Linux/FC13.  Will find out quickly.

And my apologies for sounding like a snob, but the more information provided up front the faster we, as voluteers, can provide you with assistance.  Otherwise, we have to make assumptions and mine were incorrect.

It is interesting that a batch file is throwing these types of errors though.

James McKenzie