Files named in Chinese characters couldn't display properly in Fedora 12

Quan Qiu quan.qiu.yz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 00:57:40 UTC 2010

I installed fedora 12 (English version) on a Dell R300 server, as well as
SVN and Trac, after I imported files into Linux, all files named in Chinese
became black squares or question marks when listing them, and there were
additional strings "invalid encoding" attached after each filename. In
addition, Chinese font in Firefox looks not pretty, some are big, and some
are small.

I installed cjkuni-fonts, cjkunifonts-uming fonts, and also setup locale to
zh_CN.UTF8, but it didn't get me any luck.

Could anyone help me with this? I appreciate any response.