printer problems F13

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 09:02:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 12:59 -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> I get no messages related to this. Still no acknowledgment of attaching
> a printer.

That sounds like the udev hook isn't get run at all.  Maybe check that
'rpm -V system-config-printer-udev udev' doesn't give any warnings.

> It doesn't exactly quit, you just get stuck in a rut -- it finds the
> printer, I click Forward, it searches for packages, then says packages
> are already installed, I click Forward, it searches for packages, then
> says packages are installed...(repeat ad infinitum)

Please could you file a bug report about it in Bugzilla?  Choose
'system-config-printer' as the component, and mention that the problem
is not that PackageKit gives the error (this problem is already filed in
Bugzilla) but how system-config-printer deals with the error.

It would also be useful to include the output of this command:

system-config-printer --debug

when you repeat the problem.

Tim.
*/