SELinux

Takehiko Abe keke at gol.com
Tue Aug 31 14:47:59 UTC 2010

 >> Likewise for people vehemently advocating to disable SELinux, I view
 >> them with a great deal of suspicion.  Is it simply they really do not
 >> like it, or do they have ulterior motives?
 >
 > Neither. Initially, when trying to use it, they typically notice
 > something stops working. Then, when trying to make it work, they get
 > lost in arcane and cryptic tools.

You forgot the crucial point. Namely that SELinux is not necessary
for most.

btw I don't know who "vehemently advocating to disable
SELinux". Rather it is "I don't need it" or its variations -- all very
smooth and mild like the Theodore Tso's comment I quoted in the first
place. I quote one more from the same thread. This one is from Linus:

     "I find SELinux to be so irrelevant to my usage that I don't use
      it at all"

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/10/2/353