SELINUX

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:55:32 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, August 31, 2010 15:34:42 James Mckenzie wrote:
> Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> >On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 00:15 +0000, JB wrote:
> >> Well, if selinux is the best that happened to security since sliced
> >> bread, then why people make these comments ?
> >
> >Because people like to bitch, particularly the ignorant ones.
>
> Maybe because SeLinux is harder than hell to configure, if your favorite
> application is not already configured.  This is BY DESIGN to prevent
> 'ordinary' users from mucking around in it.

Yea, sure, can you imagine, one needs to know how to use no less than *two*
commands --- chcon and semanage --- this is waaay beyond the capabilities of
any mortal sysadmin... And reading their dreaded man pages, oh my, I get
scared just thinking about trying to read them...

There is a saying from where I come from --- people are not divided into
competent and incompetent, but into whiners and non-whiners.

Best, :-)
Marko