Flash Player Square (stealthily) updated recently

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Dec 1 00:54:09 UTC 2010

Seems Adobe/Macromedia has released an update to their flash players
recently, without announcing that they also released an update to their
64 Linux players as well.  You can visit this page:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html

for the actual library.

While the page still claims to be preview 2 released on 9/25/2010,
the file linked to for 64 bit Linux has changed to:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer10_2_p3_64bit_linux_111710.tar.gz

The date on the libflashplayer.so in this archive is 11/16/10.
I am waiting for a particular regression to be fixed, and it is not yet
fixed in this release.

The lack of acknowledgment from Adobe/Macromedia distresses me.  But it
is their business decision to do so.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com